What is e-Rupi UPI App?
National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) in association with the Department of Financial Services (DFS), National Health Authority (NHA), Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW), and partner banks, has launched an innovative digital solution – ‘e-RUPI’.
The users of this seamless one-time payment mechanism will be able to redeem the voucher without a card, digital payments app, or internet banking access, at the merchants accepting e-RUPI. e-RUPI would be shared with the beneficiaries for a specific purpose or activity by organizations or Government via SMS or QR code.
This contactless e-RUPI is easy, safe, and secure as it keeps the details of the beneficiaries completely confidential. The entire transaction process through this voucher is relatively faster and at the same time reliable, as the required amount is already stored in the voucher.
e-Rupi UPI App
|Article Name||e-RUPI Digital Payment APK for Android|
|Launched by||Government Of India|
|Beneficiaries||Citizens Of India|
|Major Benefit||To Provide Cashless And Contactless Instrument For Making Digital Payments|
|Article Objective||To provide a digital payment system environment|
|Article under||Central Government|
|Name of State||All India|
What are the Benefits of an e-RUPI Application?
Benefits for Hospitals –
- Easy & Secure – Voucher is authorized via a verification code
- Hassle free & Contactless payment collection – Handling of cash or cards is not required
- Quick redemption process – The voucher can be redeemed in a few steps and lesser decline due to pre-blocked amount
Benefits for Corporates
- Corporates can enable well-being of their employees
- End to end digital transaction and doesn’t require any physical issuance hence leading to cost reduction
- Voucher redemption can be tracked by the issuer
- Quick, safe & contactless voucher distribution
Benefits to the Consumer
- Contactless – Beneficiary should not carry a print out of the voucher
- Easy redemption – 2 step redemption process
- Safe and Secure – Beneficiary doesn’t need to share personal details while redemption hence privacy is maintained
- No digital or bank presence required – Consumer redeeming the voucher need not have a digital payment app or a bank account